Everyone lies, right?
Oh, it’s just me?
Well, I don’t lie to others, but I do lie to myself. I bet you do, too.
Here are the Top 10 Lies I Tell Myself…
1. I’ve earned this cupcake. I’ve been good or had a stressful day, so one can’t hurt, right? Only thing is, I also tell myself I’ll workout, which I never do.
2. Sweets are my nicotine. Okay, this is true. They are most definitely like nicotine for me. But, what’s not true is my comparison that it’s as addicting as nicotine… that kind of upsets my hubby.
3. I need to work (outside of the home/kids) to survive. No, i don’t. I just need to take this time to let the kids be my job and take joy in keeping my home.
4. That poor kitten needs a home. Okay, again, this is probably true, but he doesn’t need my home – I already have 4 cats… and 2 dogs.
5. I’m coming to bed soon (or I’m not going to stay up late). Yeah right. I’m a night owl and always have been – this goes right along with…
6. Tomorrow, I won’t take a nap when the babies nap… ZZZZZZZ
7. Another $30 won’t hurt. Really? We’re living on one budget and have tons of medical bills. And I want to buy something else?
8. I’m really a size 8. Hmm… Clothing sizes must have gotten smaller, right? No. I’m really in need of exercise, not of disillusioning myself…
9. I’ll just look at my phone one more time before bed. Ha! An hour later…
10. Sure, dear, I’ll do that in just a sec. No, that’s not my husband’s lie, it’s mine. I’m just as guilty of forgetting what I’ve said I’d do as he is.
What about you? What do you lie to yourself about? Tell me in the comments below and let’s see who’s got the best lies!